|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 link Harvest Meats Double Smoked Farmer's Sausage
- 6 crimini (or brown) mushrooms
- 1 medium russet potatoe grated
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/4 lb. baby spinach
- 1 small shallot
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- Peel and grate one shallot. Transfer grated shallot into a small container with a leak-proof lid. Add white vinegar, 1 cup canola oil, and salt & pepper to taste. Close the lid and shake to emulsify. Set aside
- QUICK ALTERNATIVE: You may replace this vinaigrette with one of your choice.
Prepare Meat & Veggies:
- Peel and grate potatoe with a coarse grater. Strain and remove excess moisture by pressing with paper towels. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add onion powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix and set aside. NOTE: Russets are perfect for grating. Grating them speeds up the cooking time.
- Prepare mushrooms by gently wiping them with a moist towel. Discard any tough stem tips. Cut mushrooms and farmer's sausage into 1/4 inch slices. Set aside.
Cooking & Plating:
- Bring a medium non-stick frying pan to medium heat. Add 3 Tbsp. canola oil. Add grated hash mix and use a spatuala to gently spread into a thin layer (about 6" in diameter). Sear for about 3 minutes on medium-low heat until golden crispy on one side. Flip over and continue cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Bring a small fry pan to heat and add 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil. Add cut sausages and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fry while flipping occasionally until done (about 2 minutes).
- Re-shake the vinaigrette and pour into a small mixing bowl with baby spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate your dressed spinach, add potatoe hash, and top with sausages and mushrooms. Serve.
Share this Recipe