|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 links Harvest Meats Double Smoked Farmer's Sausage cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups white rice
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat; cook sliced sausage, onion, celery, red and green peppers, garlic and thyme for about 5 minutes or until sausage starts to brown and vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in rice, paprika, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper; cook for about 2 minutes or until rice is well coated.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and bay leaves; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemons (if desired).
- Tips: 1) For added flavour, substitute dry white wine or beer for 1/4 cup of the broth. 2) For extra-spicy jambalaya, add a few dashes of Louisiana-style hot sauce.
Share this Recipe